Sunday, May 9, 2010

Would we be in Anguish Like This?

Rain pours, falling like shards of glass,
the moon illuminates the cuts on my skin.
As I wonder how long this will last,
tears stream down my face once again.

Darkness encircles me where your arms used to be,
the cold wet ground has become my bed.
I’m leaving, but would you still remember me?
I feel cold and alone, I guess I am now dead.

My wounds bleed, through my soul the blood seeps,
I close my eyes and all I see is your face,
but the pain won’t allow me to fall asleep.
Wondering where you are? Can I find the place?

Would we be in anguish like this
if long ago, when we first met,
we had shared just one kiss?
Or would we have been able to forget?

Would we have been emotionally falling apart?
Or would we have remained friends?
Confusion has now consumed our very hearts,
as we come to the very end.

Is it love lost or just an infatuation?
Why does something so wrong feel so right?
I am drowning, lost, distracted by temptation.
I can’t continue, need to give up this fight.

It’s hard to walk away and just leave
when I’m feeling this powerful connection.
Don’t know what to say, what to believe.
I look in the mirror and see no reflection.

I can no longer remain here, I am empty,
I have become bruised and battered,
Void of a soul that can breathe easily.
My heart has been left bleeding and shattered.

I know that you too have felt the pain,
but I am no longer who I was, no longer whole.
I’m sitting out here all alone in the cold rain,
desperately searching for my existence, my soul.

I can’t justify what I have done,
The battle rages within my very being.
The devil took over and won,
now, all I have left is this perplexed feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment