Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let Me Fly

You called me up just the other day,
said you had something important to say.
Your voice sent shivers down my spine,
I didn’t want to know what was on your mind.

You said you’ve been keeping things inside,
your feelings you no longer want to hide.
You said you’ve felt for me something,
but that I had been a bird with a broken wing.

I told you I didn’t want to hear it,
but the truth is, I just didn’t want to admit
that I too, at one point, felt for you,
but I kept quiet, kept up the false rue.

You said your love for me
was as true and deep as the Red Sea.
You said that the waves that ravaged the oceans,
were the same waves that control your emotions.

You said you continued to be a friend
figuring that your love would transcend.
As real as the wind that blew through the sky,
you hoped that I would never say good-bye.

As you spoke, memories flushed to the surface,
imagining the sweet days that I had missed.
But this cannot be, this isn’t true,
I’m in love with someone else and it isn’t you.

But I just couldn’t say the words out loud,
felt like I was stuck in a dark storm cloud.
You continued, we were friends indeed,
but like an open wound, your heart would only bleed.

You said what you wanted was to be more,
that shook my heart to the very core.
I had to sit and keep my mind in control,
otherwise I would have lost it, body and soul.

I couldn’t help but think I loved you back then,
wishing we were together, over and over again.
Back when I knew you, I kept quiet,
didn’t want to lose you, thought you’d fight it.

How I felt I never allowed you to see,
thinking that we were never meant to be.
You’re still talking and I’m still shaking,
I can hear your heart in pain and aching.

Silence from my part still lingers on,
your love for me should have been over with, gone.
Why do these feelings persist?
They should be erased, no longer exist.

I still hear your voice,
your scared laugh, as if you have no choice
but to tell me all that your feeling,
Desire seeping up from your very being.

Please stop I want to shout,
but it’s just a whisper that I can’t make out.
As bright and full as the moon is tonight,
you said your love illuminates with light.

Again, how could this be? I cannot be yours.
Funny how you mention that true love endures.
It’s as if you’re reading my mind, or is it my heart?
If so can’t you see your breaking it apart?

I can’t deal with this, too much going through my head,
I can’t keep quiet, things can’t remain unsaid.
Please stop, my voice quivers softly,
You need to let me go and let me be.

Your right, true love does endure all,
And mine cannot be questioned by a phone call.
I am in love with him, not you,
It’s not what you want to hear, but it’s true.

I’m sorry, friends I would have wanted to remain,
I’m sorry, what I felt for you is no longer the same.
You need to let me go, say good-bye,
my wing is fixed now, let me free, let me fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment