Sunday, May 9, 2010

Endless Journey

I have walked a journey, taking with me stories
Experiences that were mine,
A journey that felt endless in miles and time
With calloused feet and parched lips,
I have treaded rough roads and raging seas
I have heard many voices,
Calling out words
Silencing some ideas, exposing others, inspiring hearts
Yet when I am in this cold house, emptiness lingers,
Memories disperse as if the wind has taking them over
As the sun sets I watch the ocean, wishing that I could swim
Only so that I could drown in my misery
I want the sun back, just a glimpse of it’s torch
So that I could lose myself in its torridness
A wave envelops the sand
As the moon glistens the surface
The ocean pours itself over
As I pour myself into it
A feeling of emotional tranquility takes command
As my mind drowns it it’s very inferno
Losing all I had, all I had once found
Depression engulfs my soul
As a crow flies overhead
Realizing that my life has ended
With this journey that I began
I was searching for myself
For truth of who I am
But ended up here, lying in the warm sand
The moon glistens over me
As I walk into the water
The moon lights my way
But thoughts distract me as I fall beneath the wave
My life that seemed so sad,
No longer exists as I splash around
I realize what I had lost
A journey once started
Has become a journey that has ended
Leaving me here to drown

No comments:

Post a Comment