Thursday, October 18, 2012

Salvation Within



Thoughts of you linger in my tired mind,
spinning around, becoming intertwined.
Perceptions of you have become delusions,
causing within me a state of confusion.

Your words have become a chain around my soul,
plunging me deep into your bottomless hole.
Nowhere to fall, I have defied gravity,
can’t escape this rancid scent surrounding me.

I’ve lost my voice, yet I struggle to make a sound,
with iron shackles, my hands and feet are bound.
Slowly my eyes feel dense and start to close,
reduced to emotional anguish and woes.
Time passes as I drown in emptiness,
I have become paralyzed in this abyss.

Forced to end this journey, I have been defeated,
yet my sins continue to be accumulated.
Left to be alone with thoughts of you in my head,
encompassing my very soul, I wish I were dead.

Even though I have lost my sight,
you continue to hide from me the light.
Despite that I can no longer speak,
you insist to hear me shriek.

Although my legs I can no longer feel,
you condemn me to kneel.
In spite of the deep cuts on the edges of my wrists,
you insist that my hands still do exist.

I have become broken, lost to all,
a woman who has jumped, taking the fall.
This nothingness state that I am damned to live in,
has now become my only source of salvation within.

No comments:

Post a Comment