Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scents of a Memory

Standing in the sweet breeze that wafts through my soft hair
Laughing at the fragrant rays that warms my fair skin
Touching the aromatic sands that fall through my delicate fingers
Smelling the scented flowers that tickle my pretty nose

I remember you, remember me,
Two hearts that were intertwined like doves
Two souls cast together like a river into the ocean
Your eyes fell upon me and I fell upon thee,
Hungry with the want of devotion, the feel of love
Sweet memories from these sweet scents emerge from the very depth of my being,
holding me to recollections that cannot be vanquished nor erased,
Dressing me in delightful perfumes of jasmine and gardenia,
Scents of memories I cannot escape,
for I have fallen into the earth as it divided with a rumbling shake,
embracing my thoughts, replacing my doubts…
but alas!
I have awakened and find that these memories exist only in my mind and heart
Reality exposes me to what those memories have become
As I sit here alone, my body wet from the bitter rain,
Cold and shivering from the void of sunlight,
Breathless from the foul odor


I am one soul, deprived of love,
one heart, broken into fragments
these scents of a memory exist
but only in my memory…

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment